5 Things You Have to Know About VoIP Before Making the Switch
There’s plenty to learn about a voice over IP phone system such as how VoIP works, the amazing features voice over IP has to offer and where it all began. It is important for you to know as much as possible about the VoIP systems, so you can really take advantage of their benefits. If you are looking for the bare basics, though, here are the five most important things you need to know about a VoIP system before making your decision to switch.
1. Cost-savings Comparison: Everyone talks about how you can save money with VoIP , but few actually give you numbers to compare.
Well, in a recent study, TechTarget showed that not only are there savings, but they are significant. For local calls, businesses can potentially save up to 40% on their monthly phone bills. International calls, on the other hand, delivered a dizzying 90% savings when compared to traditional PSTN plans.
2. Efficiency: You can’t have a conversation about a voice over IP phone system without stumbling upon the word efficiency. The reason everyone talks about this is simple: VoIP systems give you loads of tools that really do maximize efficiency from any standpoint. Whether you are a businessman who is always on the go or a work from home parent of three trying to reduce the phone traffic, voice over IP phone systems allow you to organize, integrate and optimize every situation that comes up. With convenient features such as free call-forwarding, customized call responses, email and voice transcription and, cost-efficient local and long distance dialing, anyone can appreciate the flexibility and management potential inherent within this system.
3. Cloud-based Phone System: Another attractive aspect of VoIP is the fact that it can be (but is not limited to being) a cloud based phone system. This means that all your contacts, your phone records, your messages and auto-responses are all logged and stored conveniently on the cloud for instant access from wherever you are and whenever you need them.
4. Security: Security is a new threat that was not as prevalent on the conventional phone systems primarily due to the fact that VoIP’s are run through the Internet, and that automatically opens them up to cybercrimes such as hacking, fraud and service attacks. Reliable providers will, of course, have proper precautions in place to prevent a security breach, but it is the responsibility of the consumer to ensure that their chosen service provider includes firewalls, VPN’s, encryption technology, and constantly up to date security features.
5. Connectivity: We all want to bring the world together, and with the help of a good VoIP provider, businesses are getting closer and closer. You can bring entire offices, individual team members, supervisors, CEO’s, clients and suppliers all together with the ease of a few keystrokes. Video conferencing is a wave that is carrying businesses to new heights, and you are invited to come along for the ride.
There’s so much more to get excited about when it comes to VoIP, so dig in, and start learning about all of the advantages available with VoIP.
Visit our expert reviews to find out more information about some of the best VoIP providers out there, and then get on board today!