9 Things Phone Companies Don’t Want You to Know About VoIP
Whether or not you know how VoIP works , one thing is for sure; this technology is here to revolutionize the way you do business forever. Not convinced? Keep reading about the unique features that a voice over Internet protocol phone system has to offer, and by the end of this article you will be!
1. Phone to Phone Forwarding: This convenient feature allows you to receive business calls wherever you are. When a customer calls, the line rings at your office phone, mobile and other location either simultaneously or consecutively. Consecutively means, if you are in the office, the call is directed to your desk. After a specified number of rings, however, the call will automatically be forward to your cell, house or additional line without missing a beat. This is just one of the ways that VoIP brings offices together all the time.
2. Customized Response: Linked to a caller ID, an IP phone system allows you to customize your response depending on who is calling. So, if it’s the wife asking when you’ll be home for dinner, you can direct the call straight to your cell phone. That annoying telemarketer? He’ll get sent straight to voicemail. You can also tailor your message for suppliers, potential customers or employees using this feature.
3. Voice to Email Transcription: Easily one of the best features for time management, voicemail transcription will listen to your voicemail and transcribe what was said into a neat email format. Now you have a written copy of all the information in the voicemail, and you didn’t have to scrabble around for a pen.
4. Email to Voicemail: This is the opposite of the above feature, and offers just as much convenience. Transferring an email into voicemail format allows you to check your email even in situations when reading a message wouldn’t be feasible, while driving for example.
5. Added Security: As with all members of a select group, small office phone systems need to be able to pinch hit and step into a lot of different positions when necessary. A VoIP system can double as a door phone security system. Speak to visitors from within your office, and only buzz them up if they pass your scrutiny.
6. Hold Music: VoIP phone systems are great for small businesses in that they offer an added dimension of professionalism with customizable hold music (it’s up there with the automated secretary and extension directory).
7. Reports: Reports give you data, and data is the blood that runs through the veins of any well-organized corporation. Find out where, when and why calls are being made to and from, what are the costs and what is the best way to allocate funds with clear and comprehensive reports.
8. Cloaked Conversations: This unique feature is priceless for training sessions. It allows the supervisor to add input during calls including comments about how the conversation is progressing or tips on how to carry the potential customer to the next level.
9. Conferencing: Bring everyone together for a weekly meeting, input and analysis or pep talk before a big release regardless of where they are in the world thanks to the convenience of an IP phone system.
Jump on The Bandwagon
There’s even more to learn about VoIP’s, so keep reading. If you are wondering which service is the right one for you, do a virtual phone system comparison.
Begin with reading reviews of the best VoIP providers in the market. Then start taking advantage of all the opportunities that an IP phone system can open for you!